We have a very special post today from Brae, the extremely talented miniaturist and one of the lovely judges for the 2014 contest. She had some comments to share with the participants and wanted them all in one place so those without blogs could be included as well. Thank you Brae!
Here is what she had to say:
- Love the stonework and moss roof – a nice bridge between realism and fantasy. You created a real feeling of space in such a tiny house. I liked knowing the history of the house – its long journey to what it is now. I think it’s delightful to have a Dessert Room! Yum! 😀 Beautiful and creative!
- The brick posts are a wonderful feature! Wow — you did a lot of rooms in such a short amount of time! The Man Cave makes me laugh — it’s fairly tidy considering. So many great details: Post-It notes, snacks, EAT BACON! 😀 The bedding is fabulous! Straight out of a decorating magazine. The tween room is a wonderful balance of fun clutter and teenage expression. The folding table in the craft room is marvelous! The kitchen is beautiful — love the round window between rooms. Well done!!!
3. Kyle Lefort
- So cute! What a clever theme! 😀 I love the siding — inspired! Shiny Things — that’s a super cute room for a real pet bird if you ahd one. The hotel of nests is wonderfully creative! I love the way they fill the entire space floor to ceiling. Fun build!
- Great modern apartment! The little fluffy clouds and blue sky outside the windows are a nice touch! 😀 Your pops of color work so well against a serene backdrop of monochromatic finishes. Your shelves of whatnots are beautifully displayed. I’d love to have a patio like that in real life! Hope you feel better soon!
5. Mama’s Minis
- I’m always impressed with people who work in small scales. 😀 All those tiny flowers! I don’t know how you do it! Great detailing, too: the craft paper for wrapping bouquets, ribbons, scissors. Marvelous!
6. Mini Mod Pod
- Groovalicious! 8D This is beautifully done, true to the essence of the vintage A-frame. I love the metal roofing, the perfect modern finish. That kitchen is marvelous! The bright colors work well together. The wallpaper throughout is fabulous! I can understand why you love the fireplace — it’s a beauty! I swear I had one of those stereos when I was a child. 😀 The flooring is beautiful, and I love the large sliding doors and triangular windows. The bathroom furniture turned out well, and I love the way the windows look in the bedroom. Bravo!!!
- Wow! It is amazing how nature can take over a place of ruin, and you’ve captured that so well. What I love about this is the beautiful, sunny day otuside…as if life goes on in the world around this poor soul who struggled for survival. Maybe you didn’t mean it that way, but this work really made me stop and think. Left me a little speechless honestly…that’s great art. Bravo!!!
- This is beautiful — the lighting, the furnishings, the overall feel of a stylish but comfortable home. 😀 All the details are so high-end and posh. Love it! I want to shrink myself and come for a visit, soak in that tub and sleep in late in that huge bed. 😀 You have a incredible eye for design. Gorgeous!
- Ooooh! I love the flooring! I have that paper in my stash, too! 😀 Those bird prints are lovely. The sand is a beautifully romantic touch. You have a lot of great details here: the bathtub, the beveled mirror, the sink, the vanity cabinet (love the circular detailing). Crayon soap! Ingenious! 😀 Beautifully done!
- Baxter — what a character! 😀 It’s a cozy little room, and I’m eagerly awaiting my invitation to lunch. I ike your collection of artwork and Americana items. Congrats for getting it all put together under the threat of constant kitty sabotage! Bravo!
- Cute!!! 😀 I love the shape adn colors! The collection of whatnots shown in the windowsill is wonderful. That’s a great photo. Bright and cheery bathroom — love the yellow. You’ve packed in so many great items in this tiny cottage. It looks so comfy!
First Time Miniaturists
- A totally scratch built house! Now, that’s impressive. 😀 I like your use of materials and art selections. Since you don’t have any commentary in your final post, the viewer is left to dig in and see what all these elements have to say about the occupant, and the artist. Very creative!
- An all scratch built house! It really shows off your ingenuity and creativity to pull that together. 😀 I love that you thanked Mod Podge!!! Hahahaha. Your paper selections create the perfect backdrop to your rooms. You made so many furniture pieces! The teal chair in the bedroom is my favorite. Nice work!
- Now, I’m thinking this is a smaller scale build, but the fact that I can’t tell is marvelous! 😀 Mom’s custom designed wallpaper is awesome! You made beautiful furnishings with such warm finishes. Bravo!
- I love this build! The roof is inspired! 😀 Your brickwork is superb! Look at all that candy! I’m going to have to run to the store soon to settle my sweet tooth. Some of my favorite details from the kitchen: the plastic canisters, fire extinguisher (your mini insurance agent thanks you), your cotton candy machine and your cabinet hardware. From the lower room: all those tiny labels, computer, the cellophane bagged candies, tongs for reaching into the cases, and your thank you sign. Even with your real life setbacks, you created a fine entry. Bravo!!!